Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

TripAdvisor

I do have certain websites and phone apps that I always use.  I love booking.com for hotels whether international or local.  I not only think they have very competitive pricing but you can reserve most times without paying until you arrive at the hotel or B&B.  I love momondo.com and vayama.com for airfare.  I tend to use kayak.com for car rentals.  One of my favorite apps for both reviews and hotel pricing though is TripAdvisor.  I have used them for years.  I have had about a 90% success rate when choosing restaurants and accommodations based off their reviews.  Also when you look for a Hotel they use multiple sites including booking.com for rates giving you the best rate available. 

The other wonderful thing about the TripAdvisor phone app is that you can download a city so that you can utilize the app offline. 

When you open the app and search for your desired city you will see a Download option if the city is available for download. When you choose Download you have the option for a full or the basic download.  If you have plenty of room on your phone choose the full.

If you have access to cellular or wifi then you will see Downloaded for that city once it has been downloaded.

 
 

Once the map is downloaded and you are not connected to cellular or wifi then you will see Using offline content. 



This way you do not have to be connected to cellular or wifi to find the highest rated places.

As much as I hate writing reviews - I always force my self to review as many places as possible after the trip.  

No comments:

Post a Comment