Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Items I bring back from Ireland or Italy

I have found a few things in Ireland that I love to bring back every time I go.  One is actually an English item that you can get in Ireland.  I pick it up when I am in England too.  Heather's Nanny who is from England turned me onto it.  It is OXO gravy cubes.  I love them.  They make so many things better.  I used them in the Shepard's pie I made for the meet and greet.  Don't judge me on the amount of OXO I bring home.  ;)  I like to bring spices back too if I find something that looks good that we can't get here in the US. 



I know you can buy Irish tea here but I love to bring back a couple boxes.  Their tea to me is milder and I prefer it so much over Lipton.



CHOCOLATE - Cadbury that is.  You cannot come home without a variety.  I love the twirls, flakes, buttons, -- ok I love it all.  Something about Cadbury chocolate from England and Ireland.  I am getting excited just thinking about it. 



I also love to get the re-usable bags from the grocery stores.  I love using something different here than anyone else.

A couple of great souvenir ideas that won't break the suitcase weight limits are:  Christmas ornaments, magnets, key chains, and of course my favorite - a nice piece of jewelry.  I usually treat myself to one nice piece of jewelry in each country I visit.  It is very practical and a great way to remember a trip. 

In Venice you will get caught up in the carnival masks and glassware.  Ask yourself - do I really wants this and where will I put it.  I have a didgeridoo from Australia in my dining room because of a impulse splurge.  However the three water color prints in my bathroom were by a local artist and I am so glad I bought them.  I have a watercolor from Peru in my bedroom and again - it takes me back to the trip every time I see it.  And it was easy to roll up and put in my suitcase. 

Now for all those Harley riders - you of course will need to visit a Harley Shop in Ireland and Venice. 

I save a lot of my receipts from trips and then put together a scrap book.  It is a fun way to look back and remember the trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment