Search This Blog

Friday, April 15, 2016

Day of the Party

When we first started planning our vow renewal we had plans to renew our vows in a ceremony in the Catholic Church.  Actually it would have been an actual wedding since the Church does not recognize our civil marriage.  My husband has been working on an annulment from his first marriage for a couple of years and we were pretty sure it would be completed by the time of our trip.  Long story short a few weeks ago he stopped the process.  Not because he didn't want the annulment anymore but because of how the Church was handling the entire process. 

We were married by a preacher 25 years ago and I have always been content with that even though I was raised Catholic.  Yes I not only went to a Catholic grade school but also a Catholic High School.  However (and this is nothing against Catholics) I am a Christian first and foremost.  I believe in God and I believe he is my savior.  I believe God intended for us to be married and be together. I 100% believe our marriage is valid in the eyes of God.

With that said I just wanted to let everyone know that we will not be doing any type of ceremony.  I have scheduled a golf outing for that day (Monday May 30th).  I will be emailing everyone again next week to get a final head count of those interested.  The price for the golf outing is 45 Euro per person.  This includes transportation to and from the course, green fees, and equipment rental.  If you are not interested in the golf outing we will be making a day trip to Tramore to see our good friend Bobby. 

Several people have asked about dress code for the party.  Please do not pack anything special just for the party.  If you want to pack a nice pair of slacks for a nice dinner in Italy - go ahead.  But please don't pack something just for the party Monday night.  It will be very casual.  The only thing we are interested in is celebrating our 25 years of marriage with our family and friends. 

I want to thank everyone for joining us on this trip.  I truly believe it will be a trip of a lifetime.  I feel very blessed to have everyone along and super excited you guys will be sharing this special milestone with us. 





No comments:

Post a Comment