Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Getting Ready

We have been planning this trip for so long that it is hard to comprehend that we are 3 weeks and 2 days away.  So now that we are close I have picked out all my outfits mentally that I plan to wear.  I just started wearing one outfit a day that I plan to pack to make sure I am 100% comfortable and feel good wearing it.  I have already ruled out a skirt and a maxi dress by doing this.  I would rather wear something twice than feel crappy or uncomfortable in something I only wear once. 

I also go to my "trip" laundry basket and look at everything twice to make sure I really NEED to bring it.  I started with 8 maxi dresses and forced myself down to 4.  I had 4 skirts and forced myself down to 2.  You would think after all these trips I would be more disciplined.  I know I will be much happier taking 6 outfits I love than 15 outfits and only loving a few. 

Now for shoes.  I broke down and bought myself a pair of Tieks.  I found them on a travel blog.  It took me quite a while to give up that much money for a pair of flats but I do have to say they are unbelievable comfortable and great for walking.  I will definitely take mine with me. 

http://tieks.com/ 

In fact I am saving up for a red pair.  I bought the taupe to begin with because they are so neutral.  In addition to the Tieks I will wear a pair of boots on the plane and take a very light pair of wedge sandals and a pair of flip flops.  The Tieks are so comfortable I could workout in them if I needed. 

Most the places we are staying at should have hair dryers but I always take one just in case.  I have been in rented apartments before when the hair dryer quit working so now I am always nervous.  This is the hairdryer that I have.  It works great and can be used with both 110 and 220 volts.  It folds for easy packing.  It has a little dial on the handle to change to the correct voltage.

http://www.amazon.com/Conair-Voltage-Folding-Handle-Dryer/dp/B00006IV22/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1462384456&sr=8-1&keywords=dual+voltage+hair+dryer 

I ended up getting a full size flat iron for the trip.  With the humidity in Ireland I really need the power.  I have been using it to make sure I love it and I have to say especially for the price - I really like it.

http://www.amazon.com/Remington-S5500-Digital-Ceramic-Straightener/dp/B003S516XO?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

As you can tell I am an Amazon freak.  I love Prime!!

I am bringing a portable blue tooth speaker so have your play lists ready!!  I figured we could use it on the bus or at the pub Sunday or Monday evening.


I have the food setup for both Sunday night May 29th and Monday night May 30th.  Sunday night will just be a light fair of sandwiches, cocktail sausages, and chicken pieces. Geraldine is actually making the food for Sunday evening.  She and her husband Pat own the pub - the Glen Bar.  Then Monday night will be catered.  I already gave everyone the menu for that night.  Guinness Irish stew with mashed potatoes, BBQ ribs, Cold Buffet Turkey and Ham(home cooked), choice of salads, and home made Breads. Dessert will be Sherry Triffle, pavlova, and cupcakes. And of course we will have a cake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment