Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

What to Wear??

I have been asked this question a lot.  What should I pack since Ireland and Italy vary in climate.  I have been to Ireland many times.  The weather in Ireland can be very unpredictable.  It can get chilly and it can rain a lot.  The end of May and beginning of June is a great time to go to Ireland.  The average daytime temperature is 63 but can go as high as 68.  The average nighttime temperature is 45.  May, June, and July are the lowest precipitation months.  However when going to Ireland ALWAYS anticipate rain.  Most times the rain in Ireland is more of a mist than an actual rain.  If you are planning on spending the day outside then you might think about a waterproof coat.  I think you will be just as happy with a small compact umbrella.  If you have a scarf and fall or spring jacket, hoodie, or nice sweater you will be fine.  I usually take something like this below.  Then I will wear it on the plane so that I don't have to pack it.  The plane can get chilly on an 7 hour flight:




















I will take a couple long sleeve under shirts that pack easy just in case the jacket is not enough.  I can wear the long sleeve undershirts under my clothes for added warmth. 

The weather in Italy will be extremely mild.  At the beginning of June the average temperature is 70 to 74 and at night around 60 degrees.  Here again is where the jacket might come in handy again.  When it is evening and I start to get tired I tend to get a little chilly. 

Here is my list of what I plan to wear on the plane and pack:

Plane: leggings, boots, oversized dressier shirt with a tank underneath, and a jacket.  I don't wear jewelry until I get through security.  I will pack it in my carryon along with my scarf.

Pack:  2 pairs of jeans, 2 capri pants, 2 leggings, 8 to 10 tops that pack easy, 2 skirts, 4 dresses, 1 pair of flip flops, 1 light weight pair of walking shoes, 1 pair of dress sandals, 8  pairs of undies, 2 regular bras, 1 strapless bra if needed, 6 tanks, 2 long sleeve undershirts, a belt if needed, 1 pair light weight jammies, 6 pairs of socks, and a swimsuit.  (sometimes a workout outfit)
 
Extras I pack: sunglasses, phone & phone charger, kindle & kindle charger, documents for trip, passport, credit and ATM cards, camera & charger, selfie stick, mini tripod, jewelry, wristlet purse, voltage converters, compact umbrella, reading glasses, ear plugs, and ear buds.  (GPS if renting a car and GPS charger - and remember to turn the GPS on when you land to give it time to find a signal)

Toiletries: brush & comb, travel size hair spray, shampoo, conditioner, hair oil, perfume, hair clip and ties, razor & travel shaving cream, tooth paste & toothbrush, deodorant, moisturizer and compact flat iron & curling iron & hair dryer.  Remember the flat iron, curling iron, and hair dryer must be able to handle 240 volts.  If it can it will normally say dual voltage.  Also remember if you are carrying the liquid items on the plane they must be 3 ounces or less and they must fit in a quart size baggie.  If you are not TSA pre-check you will have to take these out when you go through security.  Only 1 quart baggie allowed per person flying. (oh and of course my makeup :))

Drugs: sleeping aids, Advil or Tylenol, Tums, sinus pills, anti diarrhea, any prescription meds, and anti-nausea motion sickenss medicine if needed.

If you take a laptop or tablet remember the charger.  Just remember the more you pack the more you carry.  Once we get to Venice we will have a bit of a walk to the apartments with stairs over the canals.  We will have laundry facilities at the apartments in Dublin on June 2nd and all of the apartments in Venice.

No comments:

Post a Comment